The First Baptist Church of Richland was founded as a consequence of the great influx of people to work on the Hanford Project. Since the government had limited the number of churches to four, fundamental Baptists had to go to Pasco and Kennewick to attend church. After quite a struggle, permission was granted and the First Baptist Church of Richland was organized on June 14, 1945.
Pastor Nile Fisher was called to be the first pastor. He and his wife, Edna, served until May 1, 1955. During this time the church met in various schools. The present property was leased in 1948 and on the original church and office wing began in June, 1951. Most of the work was done by men and women of the church in just two years. The first service in the new building was held on June 7, 1953.
Pastor C.A. Taff and wife Maitle served from 1955 until 1958. The property was purchased in 1958.
Pastor C.U. Wagner and wife, Ruth, served from 1958 until 1963. During that time the Educational wing was built, the parsonage on Richmond was purchased, and radio, visitation and bus ministries were started.
Pastor George and Dorothy Moore served from 1964 until 1968, during which AWANA and Joy Clubs were started.
Pastor Donald and Daisy McMillan served from 1968 until 1980. The gym was built in 1977-78, the sanctuary and office wing were remodeled, Liberty Christian School was started and Dan Nelson began his ministry as part-time Youth and Music Director.
Pastor James and Marilyn Godwin served from 1980 until 1989. Attendance increased rapidly and two services were begun at Easter, 1981. Pastor McMillan served in Senior Ministries until his retirement from the ministry, Dan Nelson moved to full-time Music Ministry, serving until 1999, and Pete Slusher served as Christian Education and Youth Minister from 1982-91. A building project for a new auditorium to seat up to 650 people was completed in 1988.
Pastor John Greening and his wife, Daria, served from 1991 until 1994. Timm Taff served as Pastor of Student and Singles Ministries from 1991 until 2001. Hal Large served in the areas of Evangelism and Discipleship from 1993 until 1995.
Pastor Gary Pinion and wife, Georgia, served from 1995 until 2002. Mike Patterson was added as Pastor of Administration and Counseling Ministries in 1996. Hugh Smith became Pastor of Senior Ministries in 1998. Houses adjacent to the church on Putnam and Raleigh Street were purchased in 1998 to accommodate future growth. Jeff Stachofsky was added as Pastor of Student Ministries in 2002.
Additional parking was added on the corner of Wright and Putnam in 2003.